CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Crazy Liberal Bashers

So yeah, I'm a liberal, I'll say it loud, proud, whatever. I've recently come across a lot of articles, due to my research, lately. They tend to be very... uh how shall I say, right wing nut job. In these articles I have found multiple untruths here are the corrections:

1. Yes, teachers are underpaid, we don't get off 3 months a year, its more like 1 1/2 to 2 with in-service. Only bad teachers only work from 8-3 good teacher spends a minimum of 2-4 hours grading papers, revising lessons, preparing for later in the week, and revising everything. Plus we have to deal with loads of bureaucracy, helicopter and non-existent parents, and NCLB. Trust me, if it's so easy why aren't you doing it.

2. You can care about two causes at a time. I can care about human rights, anti-racism, anti-sexism, and animal rights. I can care about spreading peace and supporting individual troops. I can walk and chew gum at the same time, amazing how the complicated human mind can work huh?

3. Religion and Intellectualism can exist at the same time. I know this is a pretty amazing concept, but I can be a good Catholic and still have an acute intellectual mind. I can believe there is a God, but also think science exists. Powerful stuff there people.

4. Finally its either black or white. Sorry people, it's all shades of grey, always has been and always will be. End of Story. I don't know who started this rumor but its not true, Sorry.

0 comments: